Note: This is an archived topic. It is read-only.
  Guyana News and Information Discussion Forums
  Political Archives
  They shame our community with their presence. (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3 
This topic was originally posted in this forum: Political Discussions
Author Topic:   They shame our community with their presence.
Vijay Puran
Executive Member

posted June 26, 2000 08:21 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Vijay Puran   Click Here to Email Vijay Puran     
Mara,
The US$10,000 contribution is no big deal if what Lil Birdie says is correct. It is just another example of "you grease my palm and I'll grease yours." There is nothing like integrity, conflict of interest, or illegal campaign contribution in Guyana. Wasn't it just the other day when Derek Jagan presided on a bill where GT&T's interest was at stake (even though he is counsel to GT&T)? These things only happen in countries like Guyana. The only losers here are the poor people of Guyana; hence they must be educated as to the ills of being pawns of this system.

By the way, if what Lil Birdie says is true you will hear the "no law is broken song" from the PPP.

[This message has been edited by Vijay Puran (edited June 27, 2000).]

Sham Samaroo
unregistered

posted June 28, 2000 07:58 AM           
Originally posted by Big Bad John:

John,
In my article I made it very clear that I was not aware of Bharat Jagdeo's economic or political convictions, and that my article specifically addresses the issue of his Soviet Educational background.
I am not aware of anything that would require a retraction of the article or any part of it thereof.
It seems to me that you are mixing apples and oranges. I recommend that you read my article again. Should you need a copy of the article please e-mail me and I would be happy to send it.

Vijay Puran
Executive Member

posted June 28, 2000 08:18 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Vijay Puran   Click Here to Email Vijay Puran     
Could you please send a copy of your article to [email protected]. I am interested in
seeing how your argument on training in economics in the Communist Soviet Union holds
up in today's "capitalist" world.

Note: I am not trying to prejudge your article.

[This message has been edited by Vijay Puran (edited June 28, 2000).]

rabid
Executive Member

posted June 28, 2000 09:06 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for rabid   Click Here to Email rabid     
Sham;
Would you mind posting the article on this site?

Nuff
Executive Member

posted June 28, 2000 09:12 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Nuff   Click Here to Email Nuff     
Yes Sham... welcome aboard. Who do you write for? Please stick around, it's always nice to get some other views.

Pull up a chair and keyboard. Let's rapp!

BK
Executive Member

posted June 28, 2000 09:47 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for BK     
So all the while this whole thing was just a "SHAM"????

Nuff
Executive Member

posted June 28, 2000 10:24 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Nuff   Click Here to Email Nuff     
Better that than a scam!

BK
Executive Member

posted June 28, 2000 10:45 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for BK     
But it seems like the KING was the one running the SCAM - having people paid US$100 for a dinner, and from the proceeds he made a check out for US$10,000 and hand it over to Jagdeo as if all that money was coming out of his own pocket.

Gurkha
unregistered

posted June 28, 2000 11:29 AM           
If I read correctly I think the $10,000 was a "business" contribution from Ed Reality. So he collected the $100 contribution and then paid it as a business contribution. I hope this is not true because something seems to be illegal here, but then again we Guyanese make our own laws.

BK
Executive Member

posted June 28, 2000 11:41 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for BK     
quote:
Originally posted by Lil Birdie:
posted June 25, 2000 09:16 PM

REf $10,000

Several people were asked to pay $100/person to attend the "Ed's Party". All the Press was showing after the event was $10,000 donate by Mr Ed. Reality - The attendees paid for the party and help to subsidize the $10,000 but all the credit went to Mr Ed. ( LEADERSHIP)

Ref: $10,000
Mr Ed gold licence to export Gold/Diamond was recently renewed. Go figure - Bonus

[This message has been edited by BK (edited June 28, 2000).]

Big bad John

posted June 28, 2000 12:45 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Big bad John     
Sham,
Thanks. I re-read your article. Your point is well taken. My apologies Sir. I stand corrected.

But I am still puzzled by your silence on this present issue. Especially after Mr. Mahadeo stood by you in the recent coup to oust you as Secretary at CSA.

Nuff
Executive Member

posted June 28, 2000 01:01 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Nuff   Click Here to Email Nuff     
Big Bad John.... come on let the cat out of the bag. Pretend he's Little Red Riding Hood and you're the Big Bad Wolf.

Give us the 411.

krishna
Executive Member

posted June 28, 2000 01:16 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for krishna     
big bad john.
remember you are on the inside and you can't tell all. some here and there. If yuh finger get sore, nah tek am and throw way. A member of your family may turn delinquent but that does not mean that you must disown him or refuse to help him.

Nuff
Executive Member

posted June 28, 2000 01:46 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Nuff   Click Here to Email Nuff     
What is CSA ????

Lil Birdie
unregistered

posted June 29, 2000 01:34 AM           
I understand that hair cut is getting expensive.

Special! Special!
@ Salon Hut

Ed, the barber, is demanding a large sum of money for the new hair style on Mr Mahadeo's head.

The current asking price is $10 Million (US)

PS
In Plain English

Mr Ed is suing Mr Mahadeo for $10 Million as of 06/21/00

Nuff
Executive Member

posted June 29, 2000 08:31 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Nuff   Click Here to Email Nuff     
Wow..... 10 million US.

There is a price on Mr Mahadeo's head banna. Is Mr Ed playing with a full deck?

BTW does Mr Ed have a barber's license.

[This message has been edited by Nuff (edited June 29, 2000).]

Sham Samaroo
unregistered

posted June 29, 2000 09:08 AM           
Originally posted by Big bad John:

John,
First, I would like to say that I have no inclination to participate in a back and forth discussion that may be speculative, opinion-based, or a reflection of one's feelings or hunch. Mr. Mahadeo did speak to me of the incident at the hut but I have not heard from, or spoken to any of the other parties involved. The ethics of sound journalism would, I believe, at a minimum dictate this of me. As such I do not feel that I am in a position to speak objectively and with impartiality on this issue.
With regards to the unsuccessful "coup" at CSA; it failed simply because an overwhelming majority of the membership condemned it. True, Mr. Mahadeo was one of the members who spoke out strongly against it, and the membership and I have highly commended him for his stand. Mr. Mahadeo's position did take a few individuals by surprise, given the fact that we (he and I) had some disagreements earlier in the year. But his stand clearly indicated his ability to objectively discuss the issue and not let emotions and/or personal agendas cloud his judgement. For this I am very grateful to him. However, I do not see how this obligates me to comment publicly on an issue; especially given the fact that I have not spoken to all of the parties concerned. Mr. Mahadeo , I am confident, would not disagree with me on this position.

Nuff
Executive Member

posted June 29, 2000 09:15 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Nuff   Click Here to Email Nuff     
Mr Samaroo,

Do you ever plan on talking to the other parties involved in this incident or .... is this topic considered unimportant to a journalist of your calibre?

It is now 2 months since the date of the Hut restaurant haircut, and no journalist in the community has had the "BALLS" to state a position.

Would you like to be the first to take a stance? Now that we have a law suit in motion, don't you think you may gain some recognition by carrying the case in your periodical?

Sham Samaroo
unregistered

posted June 29, 2000 09:19 AM           
Nuff,
CSA is the Caribbean Softball Cricket Association of NY. It is on the web at www.crickent.com

Nuff
Executive Member

posted June 29, 2000 09:31 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Nuff   Click Here to Email Nuff     
Thanks Sham!

BK
Executive Member

posted June 29, 2000 11:20 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for BK     
Ed has got the balls.

Bonus where are you hiding?

Lil Birdie
unregistered

posted June 30, 2000 01:17 AM           
quote:
Originally posted by BK:
Ed has got the balls.

Bonus where are you hiding?

I understand that even Albert Baldeo has "Big Balls"
He is demanding a public apology from Mr Mahadeo else he is also threatening to SUE.

PS
The Queens Bar Association needs to be informed about the conduct of this "PERP"

Nuff
Executive Member

posted June 30, 2000 09:09 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Nuff   Click Here to Email Nuff     
Wow ... Big tings a gwan in Richmond Hills.

I hope Albert gets his point across ..... this crap will not be tolerated in the community.

I read this on CS under a thread I started. Is this true?

--------------

sboy
Junior Member posted 06-30-2000 01:27 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Nuff:
Read all about it.
Read all about it.

Mr Ed the richest Guyanese in these here great USofA is suing Mr Mahadeo for US$10,000,000.

Yes there is a price on the head of Mr Mahadeo. Quite an expensive haircut!

Check-out the Editorials on the GUYANA JOURNAL and now the CARIBBEAN VOICE

Not only is Mr Mahadeo threatened, so is the entire Indo-Caribbean media.
Read all about it.....

Read all about it.......

PS
The Queens DA has started their inquiry.
Watch out boys!!!!

BONUS
Executive Member

posted June 30, 2000 11:21 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for BONUS   Click Here to Email BONUS     
wait, wait wait wait wait one freakin minute.
a guy charges people $100 dinner per plate and then use the money to contribute to a president's campaign fund, and that is illegal and unethical.
what wrong with you people.
that is business. No one told those people to pay $100 for the dinner. the man provided a service, no one b itched about the food and the money was his, and he could do whatever he chooses with the money. why you people all up in the man business because of one wanna be politician.

and vijay you should be the last person to talk. you work in albany and i'm sure you know which companies is sliding a few 100's into your bosses hands and pataki hands under the word, c"lobbying".

If you guys don't b itch about lobbying in your backyard concerning your congressmen and women don't b itch about it with mr ed.

Vijay Puran
Executive Member

posted June 30, 2000 01:09 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Vijay Puran   Click Here to Email Vijay Puran     
quote:
Originally posted by BONUS:
a guy charges people $100 dinner per plate and then use the money to contribute to a president's campaign fund, and that is illegal and unethical. what wrong with you people.

Which business charged the $100 and which business paid the political contribution bonus? Guess you are talking Guyanese business.

quote:
sure you know which companies is sliding a few 100's into your bosses hands and pataki hands under the word, c"lobbying".

Sliding a few 100's into your bosses hands = corruption = big jail time and loss of job in the USA.

Also, campaign contribution has nothing to do with lobbying...at least legally.

[This message has been edited by Vijay Puran (edited June 30, 2000).]

BONUS
Executive Member

posted June 30, 2000 01:18 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for BONUS   Click Here to Email BONUS     
c mon vijay. stop getting into legalities.
they guy give pres jagdeo $10,000. there is nothing illegal about that.
they guy charged people $100 per plate of food. there is nothing illegal about that either.
the guy got his daimond export licensced renewed. what is the average denial rate of renewing an export licensce in guy?
you guys are just sore jealous losers and don't want to admit it.

Vijay Puran
Executive Member

posted June 30, 2000 01:24 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Vijay Puran   Click Here to Email Vijay Puran     
quote:
the guy charged people $100 per plate of food. there is nothing illegal about that either.

You are not serious bonus. Would that amount be reported to the IRS?

BONUS
Executive Member

posted June 30, 2000 06:16 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for BONUS   Click Here to Email BONUS     
I got $200 dollars in a bet. do you think I would report that to the IRS.
When I went on vacation in Guy one of my uncles gave me $7000 guy that worked out to like $40 us do you think I reported that on my taxes.
Vijay stop being a jerk here and getting into the man's business.
the guy charged $100 per dinner. you guys are b itching because you foolishly see an ethical violation with him doing this and and then taking $10,000 of his money that he earned from selling his food to pres jagdeo.

Now that your flimsy argument can't hold any water you are bringing in IRS.
If you want to know if he will report it on his taxes.
you have two choices
1. SNITCH ON HIM
2. GO ASK HIS ACCOUNTANT

ARE YOU GUYS FOR REAL? YOU ARE SAYING A MAN CAN'T GIVE HIS MONEY TO ANYONE HE WANTS?

why do I get the inclination that all you people's arguments is based on D2's one sided article and jealousy.
All that gross paranoia and conspiracy trying to tie in the man's contribution with his export licensce renewal and possible free land in Guy.
sheeeeeeeeeeeeesh enough.

put this story to rest because ya al just sound like jealous neighbors talking the rich man name.

Lil Birdie
unregistered

posted July 01, 2000 02:35 AM           
quote:
I got $200 dollars in a bet. do you think I would report that to the IRS.
When I went on vacation in Guy one of my uncles gave me $7000 guy that worked out to like $40 us do you think I reported that on my taxes.
Vijay stop being a jerk here and getting into the man's business.
the guy charged $100 per dinner. you guys are b itching because you foolishly see an ethical violation with him doing this and and then taking $10,000 of his money that he earned from selling his food to pres jagdeo.

Now that your flimsy argument can't hold any water you are bringing in IRS.
If you want to know if he will report it on his taxes.
you have two choices
1. SNITCH ON HIM
2. GO ASK HIS ACCOUNTANT

ARE YOU GUYS FOR REAL? YOU ARE SAYING A MAN CAN'T GIVE HIS MONEY TO ANYONE HE WANTS?

why do I get the inclination that all you people's arguments is based on D2's one sided article and jealousy.
All that gross paranoia and conspiracy trying to tie in the man's contribution with his export licensce renewal and possible free land in Guy.
sheeeeeeeeeeeeesh enough.

put this story to rest because ya al just sound like jealous neighbors talking the rich man name.

Bonus,

Regarding Pres Jagdeo NY Visit

Tony Yassin & Co fund raising dinner: All checks were payable to the "PPP/CiVIC"

Trevor Rupnarain fund raising: All Checks were payable the "PPP/Civic"

Ali 1 stop fund raising: All checks were payable to the "ACG"

What about the other fund raiser ?

I hope you are not on this "PERP"'s payroll?

BONUS
Executive Member

posted July 01, 2000 08:22 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for BONUS   Click Here to Email BONUS     
Lil birdie I'm not on the guy's payroll.
But I will defend his right to do what he pleases with his money.

All of the arguments put forth by you guys are nothing more than baseless assumptions, because it was based entirely on D2's article which was a hearsay.

Lil Birdie
unregistered

posted July 05, 2000 10:16 AM           
quote:
Lil birdie I'm not on the guy's payroll.
But I will defend his right to do what he pleases with his money.

All of the arguments put forth by you guys are nothing more than baseless assumptions, because it was based entirely on D2's article which was a hearsay.

Bonus,

REf: D2 "hearsay" Article

Chitlall (Leyland)Roopnarine
Arrest # 25687 05/03/2000 106 Precinct
Criminal Court # 2000QN029045ED
Order of Protection for Mr Mahadeo valid thru 07/28/2000

PS
I hope you are not like "Leyland"!
Is the pay worth it?

BONUS
Executive Member

posted July 05, 2000 11:22 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for BONUS   Click Here to Email BONUS     
Mr Mahadeo is taking himself way to seriously.

Meharam Sugrim
Executive Member

posted July 05, 2000 03:53 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Meharam Sugrim   Click Here to Email Meharam Sugrim     
Does any one know Mr. Mahadeo personally?
is he a medical doctor?
Is he related to retired Police Chief Inspector Jai Sankar?

------------------
MARA MAN

Lil Birdie
unregistered

posted July 06, 2000 02:16 AM           
quote:
Originally posted by Meharam Sugrim:
Does any one know Mr. Mahadeo personally?
is he a medical doctor?
Is he related to retired Police Chief Inspector Jai Sankar?

Who is Mr Mahadeo?

September 98 - Mr Mahadeo with the help of Mr Aleem Ali spearheaded the project to open the Cheddi Jagan Medical Health Center on Liberty Avenue. The CJ Medical Health Center was opened by the then President of Guyana Janet Jagan.
This was done to provide affordable/free medical services(OB/GYN & Peds) to the under-served Caribbean Community of Richmond Hill.
THis is the only business in New York that bears this great man's name and is providing service to the poor.
As of Jan 2000, The Jamaica Hospital Medical Center (JHMC) owns the Cheddi Jagan Medical Center. JHMC is now expanding its medical services to the Caribbean Community thru the Cheddi Jagan Medical Center.

Mr Mahadeo did not received any compensation nor benefit from this act.

BK
Executive Member

posted July 06, 2000 10:43 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for BK     
"Just as individuals have the right not to be tortured, they have the right not to ……."

What those JERKS did to Mr. Mahadeo was wrong and they should be made to pay. Let's see how far this "suing" back and forth is gonna get them.

Bonus -- I am sure you are aware of the ongoing debate on the "source and issue of the campaign funds" here in America. So don't give me that crap.

BONUS
Executive Member

posted July 06, 2000 12:40 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for BONUS   Click Here to Email BONUS     
c mon BK give it a rest, we all know Mr Mahadeo is a big wuss. he's a wanna be politician.
concerning campaign funding, we all know the truth. the issue is do we accept it. yes we do.

BK
Executive Member

posted July 06, 2000 12:46 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for BK     
Bonus - I suggest if you don't know the truth then please try to get to know the truth, or else you give it a rest. The court will decide the faith of those who wanted to take the law into their own hands.

First of all, the event was a FUNDRAISING DINNER the proceeds of which went to Jagdeo campaign re-elections funds. Which meant that the money collected was a joint effort and not simply a one-man show.

I would be a jackass to contribute to such a fund, when the PPP cannot guarantee my safety on the streets in Georgetown on elections day. Gimme a freaking break.

observer
unregistered

posted July 06, 2000 01:36 PM           
With all this commotion going on because of this incident, there is a strong rumor that John Cochrane is taking a look into this Indo-Guyanese Community disaster that happened to Mr. Mahadeo.
I suggest to all those, to find out more about this. This situation is going to hit the mainstream soon or maybe it has already.

UNBIASED

posted July 16, 2000 01:12 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for UNBIASED     
quote:
Originally posted by D2:
What level of depravity has befallen our community that so-called prominent members can swoop down on a poor man at will and humiliate him in a public? An incident occurred at a restaurant, the HUT, in South Ozone Park Queens a few weeks ago that has me incensed. Mr V. Mahadeo was assaulted by a group of thugs; yes I call them thugs since only a debased criminal mindset can set out to injure another in this way.

I am informed the incident unfolded in this manner. A prominent attorney called Mr. Mahadeo on his cell phone and invited him to come and meet with him. Mr Mahadeo arrived at the local restaurant, believing he was there for a meeting. Instead, he was set upon and humiliated. At first, he was verbally abused for his “errant ways”. Unsatisfied with admonishing him in this way; they decided some physical coercing might better enforce their displeasure.

These stalwarts of the community, held him down, cropped his hair, (sheared off his poly tail) pulled off his pants and like college brats at a fraternity hazing, began pummeling their defenseless victim. But we are not dealing with errant young men! These are adults who like to stand on the podium at community events to be praised for their “good” works. They set themselves up as the chief talking heads and believe they know the trend and aspirations of the community.

What do we tell the kids? How humiliating is it for this father to explain to his young daughter and that his compatriots mercilessly debased him in public because they disagreed with him? I do not know what raised their ire against this man but nothing demands this form of response. Were their sinister logic to be enforced or Mr. V. Mahadeo a lesser man; street justice would have left a few bodies at the morgue.

These men have a democratic club to train our kids for political and community awareness. Maybe this is their idea of a new concept for democracy. Organizations like these are, by definition, structured to avoid malice of this sort. They are forums to reconcile differences and for one to speak one’s mind with honor. Instead these pompous citizens debased a member of their community and insisted that he keep his mouth shut least worse befall him! They are sinister enough to carry out their threat.

The boldness in which this act took place speaks to this. This abhorrent incident unfolded in the presence of a dozen or so of our “community conscious” citizens. Our infamous realtor whose dealings already borders on the dubious orchestrated this act. Another disgusting aspect of this incident is the effort taken by our community newspaper and “spotlight” TV news to avoid publicizing it! Further injury was heaped on him when he was advised by esteemed members of the Queens West Indian Bar Association to forget this [b]“lil nonsense”!

I hope our President hears of this and reassign his basement press conferences in NY. I hope also that he does not extend his hand again to accept any more donations from these vile creatures. These men cannot continue to have access to the heads of our country. It debases the office! We are watching with disgust. My hope is Mr. Mahedeo take this matter to civil court and sue the ass off the restaurant, the attorney involved, the realtor and the almost a dozen or so who were complicitious in this ignoble and depraved act.

[This message has been edited by D2 (edited June 18, 2000).][/B]

D2 AND OTHERS: YOU MAY NEED LAWYERS. HELL, THEY KNOW WHO YOU ARE! YOU ALSO CAN BE SUED, LIKE VISHNU MAHADEO. NO FACTS IN HUT GATE BY KEN PERSAUD, A READER OF THE CARIBBEAN JOURNAL, PUBLISHED 7/15/2000, REPRODUCED BELOW:
I read the article on the HUT GATE recently published in the Caribbean Journal on 7/8/00 and was very
disappointed that such diatribe and misinformation was published on a case that is presently being tried in the proper
forum, the courts of law, which we all cherish as the basic tenet of democracy and civilized societies. If someone did
a legal wrong to Mr. Mahadeo, then they should and will be punished according to law. There is no escaping that.
But there is no guilt by association in our society, or guilt by speculation, as Mr. Mahadeo would want. Only
primitive societies operate in this way, and despots like Hitlers, Idi Amins, etc. Every individual is presumed innocent
until the prosecution can convince a court that the evidence against each is credible enough to warrant a finding of
guilt, and not on his whims, fancies, fabrications, fantasies, prejudices and/or fancies. Neither can we conclude a
conspiracy from mere association, an invitation call or from presence alone. From the said publication, however,
Mr. Vishnu Mahadeo is being complainant, witness, judge, media, op-ed, jury and executioner all in one, and,
assuming his story is true, he is trying to convict everyone based on their mere presence. Therefore, he is trying to
convict, harass, and intimidate people who don't see eye to eye with him in cyberspace and in the media, and from
the law suits filed against him for defamation, slander, harassment and emotional distress, villify these people and
malign them in a vicious way. The people who are filing or will file lawsuits against him are exercising their
constitutional rights, are they not? He is the one who is taking justice in his own hands. There are no law courts in
cyberspace and in the media, for good reason. He is beating his own drum and dancing to his own tune.

Thank God we live in a society where he cannot execute the "prominent people" whom he does not have the spine
to name by name, but against whom he is clearly jealous of and who I understand have exposed his shortcomings in
the past publicly and exercised independent judgment. Mr. Mahadeo must recognize that we live in a free society,
but we must maintain basic decency in our agenda.

He needs to learn this, and those lawsuits may give him sorely needed enlightenment. The District Attorney should
investigate him for perjury and malicious persecution because, as you can see, he did not mention those acts by the
other people apart from Mr. Leyland Roopnarine in his statement under oath to the Court. And now he has made
others complicitious by publishing his unsubstantiated and reckless utterances. He is so egotistical, vicious and
deceptive that he has usurped the functions of the court system, and has procured the Caribbean Journal to be his
lackey to do his evil act of defamation and character assassination. I have spoken to the prominent persons and law
enforcement personnel separately whom he has implicated and I understand that Vishnu Mahadeo is committing
perjury and is harassing law enforcement to arrest these people on false and on unsubstantiated charges. He is
hounding and trying to dictate to the DA and the police how to do their work. May God save our society from his
tyranny, vindictiveness and cowardice. He claims to be a community conscious person, but his actions of falsely
implicating others by their mere presence in a restaurant, even if he was invited there, does not make everyone guilty
by association. He has found Mr. Chitlall Roopnarine guilty by stating that the latter "was the only perpetrator," a
judgment of guilt, whereas this man is still presumed innocent until proven guilty! The police should ascertain from
Mr. Mahadeo what his statement means when he says," ...there would probably be a few more bodies at the
morgue or in the hospital." Mr. Vishnu Mahadeo should have respect for law and order and allow them to do their
job, instead of writing, insinuating and fabricating rumors and lies against his enemies, harassing, bribing and
inveigling all media and radio personnel he can get his hands on to portray him as a "Gandhian" personality, a
community advocate and the successor to dead hero Dr Cheddi Jagan, whose name he has stolen to set up the
Cheddi Jagan Medical Center. He may have suffered a wrong, but let the proper forum decide that. What can he
tell his kids? For a start, he can tell them why he did not leave the restaurant upon sensing an attack, call the police
from his cell phone or the restaurant's phone and/or make his report to the police immediately. Instead, he calculated
a plan to implicate and destroy his enemies in the way only a diabolic and wicked person would, a la Jim Jones style.
How many others will he get to drink his cyanide? I tried to find a single witness to corroborate his allegation from
independent persons present at the alleged incident, and could not find anyone to substantiate his story. Can you?
If you can, he deserves an audience to get to the truth of this matter.There is a lot of suspicion and doubt to
Mahadeo's story. Why did he not call the police if he sensed an attack? Would these successful people set him up in
a bright open place with constant traffic to be caught red -handed? What do they have to gain from insulting him, a
person who seems to the community's worst enemy, always embroiled in vicious controversies and ignoble
allegations, the subject of the people's hate and scorn, all orchestrated by his actions at Jamaica Hospital, the
Mandirs, Cricket clubs etc? Why did he report the matter 24 hours after to the police? Is he trying to blackmail
these people with his demands for huge sums of money and front page apologies in the New York Times, as we
have been reliably informed? Our community should not thrive on putridity and perjury, but on the truth, which will
set us free...

BK
Executive Member

posted July 16, 2000 05:42 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for BK     
That is definitely not a UNBIASED statement, very interesting that you could not find a single person to substantiate the attack made on Mr. Mahadeo! Afterall the case is in court, let justice prevail.

You yourself have made some very vicious allegations on Mahadeo in your above post. Hope you have the FACTS to substantiate those allegations.

He is hounding and trying to dictate to the DA and the police how to do their work. May God save our society from his tyranny, vindictiveness and cowardice. He claims to be a community conscious person, but his actions of falsely ....

Mr. Vishnu Mahadeo should have respect for law and order and allow them to do their job, instead of writing, insinuating and fabricating rumors and lies against his enemies, harassing, bribing and inveigling all media and radio personnel he can get his hands on to portray him as a "Gandhian" personality, he calculated a plan to implicate and destroy his enemies in the way only a diabolic and wicked person would, a la Jim Jones style. How many others will he get to drink his cyanide?

D2
Executive Member

posted July 16, 2000 06:26 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for D2     
BK,
Can't type hurts too much...recovering from an accident.

This man is an ass. I have the post he edited so he should worry about who could be sued.

The brothers should look at who pimp the community and restrain the finger pointing. Folks may avoid the law but the community know who smell like a fish. Truth is a b.itch!

If he vetted what I said and concluded he can sue so be it.

[This message has been edited by D2 (edited July 16, 2000).]

BK
Executive Member

posted July 17, 2000 11:19 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for BK     
D2 - I am really sorry to hear about your unfortunate accident. I hope it was not a HUTGATE

In all honesty I did not read the first post made by UNBIASED, but I gather from the responses and his subsequent EDIT of his very first post the ALLEGATIONS he made therein. It seems like he has done it once again. I wonder who he is the spokesperson for? He is accusing someone of something and he is doing the exact thing, if not worse. I suppose they have much to fear if he refers to Mahadeo as Jim Jones.

Also some people just cannot handle the truth. I feel sorry for those people who are getting "ripped" off by those so-called businessmen in the community. I suppose this is the new definition of community service.

So who's going sue who?

UNBIASED

posted July 17, 2000 07:23 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for UNBIASED     
GENTLEMEN, LET US NOT GET PERSONAL AND ATTACK EACH OTHER. LET US HANDLE THE TRUTH AND NOT COVER UP FOR OUR MISTAKES. BE OBJECTIVE. THE QUESTION IS, GRANTED THAT HE MAY HAVE SUFFERED A WRONG, DID MAHADEO COMMIT PERJURY, MALICIOUS PERSECUTION, HARASSMENT, DEFAMATION, AND FALSE IMPRISONMENT ON INNOCENT PEOPLE WHO HE TRIED TO DRAG INTO HIS MEDIA CIRCUS? IS THIS AN EXAMPLE FOR YOUR FAMILY TO ADOPT? SHOULD HAVE VERIFIED HIS STORY BEFORE GOING PUBLIC. OR YOU JUST JUMPED ON HIS BANDWAGON AND ASSUMED HE WAS TELLING THE TRUTH ON EVERYONE HE PULLED INTO HID FISHING NET? WHAT OF YOU? ARE YOU NOT CONCERNED THAT HE OR SOMEONE CAN DO THIS TO YOUR FAMILY TOO?

Nuff
Executive Member

posted July 17, 2000 08:51 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Nuff   Click Here to Email Nuff     
Based on what I've heard Mahadeo had every right to pursue justice. He was set up by a bunch of Guyanese bandits and victimized.

Unbiased, .... seeing you appear to know so much about this case, why not give us an update. Let's see how impartial you are.

1. Do you think Mr Mahadeo was wronged?

2. Were you at the Hut restaturant on that ill fated day?

3. Was Mr Ed involved in the beating or conspiracy?

4. Did Mr Mahadeo get what he deserved?

5. Why didn't he call the police on his cell phone?

6. Do you think he set up his own beating to get publicity?

BK
Executive Member

posted July 17, 2000 11:25 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for BK     
UNBIASED,

1) And you are so quick to pass judgement on Mahadeo.

2) Seems like you have all the facts of what transpired?

3) Maybe you should be called to the witness stand and see how well you stand up to the cross-examination!

4) Whose bandwagon are on at the moment?

5) What IF one of your relative was BEATEN up by the MOB?

6) I've heard a few people proclaim that Mahadeo deserved the BEATING he got.

7) Guyanese in USA (to be more precise Richmond Hill in this instance) would always be BETTER GUYANESE - can't live with them, can't do business with them can't trust them. They are ready to take out their 22, and their SHEARS when they don't get their own way.

krishna
Executive Member

posted July 18, 2000 01:04 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for krishna     
has money blinded our people in richmond hill?

UNBIASED

posted July 18, 2000 04:17 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for UNBIASED     
No, Krishna, we are like crabs pulling each other down, a cultural and intrinsic phenomenon we cannot subsume, a legacy of our past instilled by our colonial masters. Just read the applicable preceding posts when facts confront them. They epitomize this, and very stubbornly too. I ask the question again, and hope I get a civilized reply 1) "Is Mahadeo's story credible in view of his many inconsistencies in police and court statements under oath for any reasonable person to believe him, or did his publicity putridity backfire on him?"
(2) Would these people have set him up in an open, lighted, constantly trafficked place like the HUT, if they wanted to "physically coerce" him? Mahadeo can always be seen and smelt-he does not hide. He is confrontational and loves attention/spotlight.
(3) What caused D2 to claim that "these men" held him down, when Mahadeo himself is saying that only Roopnarine did anything physical to him? Rant and rave, but we should not incriminate anyone, much less our own people unnecessarily, upon our own delusions and agenda. This is perjury!
(4) Why did he report the matter 24 hours, and not immediately after?
Common, let's get to the truth, not on each other personally.

Lil Birdie
unregistered

posted July 23, 2000 10:34 AM           
quote:
Originally posted by UNBIASED:
No, Krishna, we are like crabs pulling each other down, a cultural and intrinsic phenomenon we cannot subsume, a legacy of our past instilled by our colonial masters. Just read the applicable preceding posts when facts confront them. They epitomize this, and very stubbornly too. I ask the question again, and hope I get a civilized reply 1) "Is Mahadeo's story credible in view of his many inconsistencies in police and court statements under oath for any reasonable person to believe him, or did his publicity putridity backfire on him?"
(2) Would these people have set him up in an open, lighted, constantly trafficked place like the HUT, if they wanted to "physically coerce" him? Mahadeo can always be seen and smelt-he does not hide. He is confrontational and loves attention/spotlight.
(3) What caused D2 to claim that "these men" held him down, when Mahadeo himself is saying that only Roopnarine did anything physical to him? Rant and rave, but we should not incriminate anyone, much less our own people unnecessarily, upon our own delusions and agenda. This is perjury!
(4) Why did he report the matter 24 hours, and not immediately after?
Common, let's get to the truth, not on each other personally.

The Truth.
There is a document, index 12878-00, dated 07/17/2000, "Answer and Counter Claim " in the offical records of the Supreme Court of the State of NYC of Queens.
Mr Mahadeo stated that "Mr Ed Ahmad and his agents forcibly held me down without my consent or permission, removed my pants and cut my hair, while committing assault and battery against me."
"Mr Ed Ahmad falsely accused, slandered and defamed me by stating publicly that I am gay like Bharrat Jagdeo and that I am an "anit-man" and that I stole the name Cheddi Jagan and used it to open a medical center and to rip off and defraud Indian people in the community"

Mr Mahadeo is (politely) requesting the following:

1 $2 million from Ed Ahmad as damges caused by plaintiff's wrongful assault and battery.

2 $7.5 million as damages caused by plaintiff's slander and defamation.

3 $20 million from plaintiff as punitive damages to "punish this abusive predator and prevent him from committing such hideous, heinous and reprehensible conduct that shocks the conscience of the community"

Mr Mahadeo is reacting to Mr Ed Ahmad lawsuit , dated May 31st, 2000.

Lil Birdie
unregistered

posted July 24, 2000 09:45 AM           
It seem as though another consequence of the Ed Admad's predatory actions ( as per court papers)is the "Political Discussion Forum" of CaribbeanLifestyle.com.

It no longer exist.

Ed Ahmad and Albert Baldeo can influence the internet ?

How interesting !!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Lil Birdie:
The Truth.
There is a document, index 12878-00, dated 07/17/2000, "Answer and Counter Claim " in the offical records of the Supreme Court of the State of NYC of Queens.
Mr Mahadeo stated that "Mr Ed Ahmad and his agents forcibly held me down without my consent or permission, removed my pants and cut my hair, while committing assault and battery against me."
"Mr Ed Ahmad falsely accused, slandered and defamed me by stating publicly that I am gay like Bharrat Jagdeo and that I am an "anit-man" and that I stole the name Cheddi Jagan and used it to open a medical center and to rip off and defraud Indian people in the community"

Mr Mahadeo is (politely) requesting the following:

1 $2 million from Ed Ahmad as damges caused by plaintiff's wrongful assault and battery.

2 $7.5 million as damages caused by plaintiff's slander and defamation.

3 $20 million from plaintiff as punitive damages to "punish this abusive predator and prevent him from committing such hideous, heinous and reprehensible conduct that shocks the conscience of the community"

Mr Mahadeo is reacting to Mr Ed Ahmad lawsuit , dated May 31st, 2000.

Nuff
Executive Member

posted July 24, 2000 09:52 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Nuff   Click Here to Email Nuff     
"Mr Ed Ahmad falsely accused, slandered and defamed me by stating publicly that I am gay like Bharrat Jagdeo and that I am an "anit-man" and that I stole the name Cheddi Jagan and used it to open a medical center and to rip off and defraud Indian people in the community

------

Wow!!!! Is this the same MR Ed who was shaking President Jagdeo's hand and handing him a cheque for US$10,000? Politics breeds strange bedfellows.

Yes Caribbeanstyle.com has deleted the political forum.

BK
Executive Member

posted July 24, 2000 10:19 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for BK     
I wonder where Mr. UNBIASED is hiding out now?

lil Birdie,

Whose idea was it to name the new wing THE CHEDDIE JAGAN CENTER?

At the opening ceremony the guest of honor was Mrs. Jagan - and she was so delighted that the wing was named after her late husband so what is this guy's issue with the using of Dr. Jagan's name?

Did you remember in 1997 when a doctor was collecting funds using that same name?

Man I wonder how low some people would stoop!

[This message has been edited by BK (edited July 24, 2000).]

rabid
Executive Member

posted July 24, 2000 10:42 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for rabid   Click Here to Email rabid     
EVERYBODY was using Dr. Jagan's name, even his wife!

Lil Birdie
unregistered

posted July 24, 2000 11:32 PM           
UNBIASED ( AKA Albert Baldeo )

What happened to your threatening letter to Mr Mahadeo ?

Your letter to Mr Mahadeo was dated 5/10/2000.
It is nearly three months. What happened to your "legal action" ?

Chicken! Chicken !

West Nile Virus affects chickens ?

Lil Birdie
unregistered

posted July 30, 2000 12:17 AM           
Did anyone attend Leyland Roopnarain court hearing on Friday 07/28 ?

What is the status of Albert Baldeo's lawsuit ?

UNBIASED

posted July 31, 2000 04:41 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for UNBIASED     
How strange that you should ask such a question when everyone knows that you are Lil Birdie, Vishnu Mahadeo! If you are really serious about bringing an end to these matters, then show some "good faith". Remember, to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

bushmaster
Executive Member

posted July 31, 2000 04:55 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for bushmaster     
I think Mahadeo and D2 are already counting the Money they will receive from this court case.

D2. you will make it at last. Thanks to the Locks of Mahadeo.

D2
Executive Member

posted July 31, 2000 05:08 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for D2     
Unbiased,
I do not care about how you and Mr Mahadeo settle your affairs but my advise to both of you is to seek the advise of your pandits and religious leaders and settle this before worse befall you. Everyone is spilling the beans about who did what and who is doing what and both of you will be the worse for it.

D2
Executive Member

posted July 31, 2000 05:20 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for D2     
DNP singh,
THis is my last warning to you ..quit your stupid accusations and stick to what you know. You are like a creepy piece of slime seeping into places you have no idea about.

Unbiased and Mahado got themselves into this on their own. I do not know either of them personally except from their activities in the community. Both are on their way to destroying each other, former friends so the are becoming the worse kinds of enemies. Innocent people are already caught up in this mess so they better clean it up fast or they will suffer the ill effects.

I have was not part of them in their friendship when they were friends nor am I a part them in their quarrel now they are enemies. My sole advice holds; reconcile their differences in an amicable manner and stop this nonsense which threaten to spread through the community as people take sides.

This stupid quarrel started with egoes and we know what happen to pride in a fall. There is more to lose later than now.

[This message has been edited by D2 (edited July 31, 2000).]

rabid
Executive Member

posted August 01, 2000 06:42 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for rabid   Click Here to Email rabid     
Just so that everyone knows that it is now reopened.

BK
Executive Member

posted August 01, 2000 11:54 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for BK     
Safraz - thank you once again for reopening this thread. I believe these are "current events" in the community which residents should be aware of, as the final results would affect them in more ways than one.

I for one am looking on as [more] events unfold - this is definitely causing a rift in the RH community.

Who can we trust these days?

Nuff
Executive Member

posted August 02, 2000 08:36 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Nuff   Click Here to Email Nuff     
You read about it first won GN&I.

All the community news that's fit to print.

Vishnu
unregistered

posted September 10, 2000 12:00 AM           
quote:
Originally posted by Nuff:
You read about it first won GN&I.

All the community news that's fit to print.

Edul Ahmad and his lawyer are trying to get my lawyer off off the case.

Care to comment as to why!!

Nuff
Executive Member

posted September 10, 2000 08:38 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Nuff   Click Here to Email Nuff     
Now .... I thought the last time we were "HERE" .... Vishnu was agreeing to meet the parties, do a handshake and make up.

I guess Krishna proceeded to go on vacation in Guyana and the peace negotiations fell through thereafter.

Vishnu, can you bring us up to date on the proceedings so that we can be objective during this entire process? By the way, you need to get a lawyer who isn't from the hood.

Yes .... You heard it first on GN&I.

[This message has been edited by Nuff (edited September 10, 2000).]

Vishnu
unregistered

posted September 10, 2000 10:17 AM           

[This message has been edited by Vishnu (edited September 10, 2000).]

Lil Birdie
unregistered

posted September 25, 2000 08:38 PM           
For the visitors

This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3 

All times are ET (US)

This is an ARCHIVED topic. You may not reply to it!
Hop to:

Contact Us | Guyana News and Information

Advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are not allowed on the Forum.
Read here for further information.

This Forum is owned by Guyana News and Information

Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.46

Rules of Use:

In order to guarantee enjoyment for all visitors to our Discussion Forums, we ask that you observe a few simple rules:

Refrain from using foul or abusive language.

Consider before you post whether your message may cause unnecessary upset for any other user.

Respect the religious and political beliefs of others.

You should not post anything which is illegal, in breach of Copyright, defamatory or otherwise unlawful.