Mainpage | Contact us | E-mail Directory | Discussion Forum
The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices
for this website:
Last updated January 2014
These Terms of Service (the "Agreement") set forth the terms and conditions
that apply to your use of the websites located at http://www.guyana.org
and the services and materials offered thereon (the "Service") which are offered
to you by guyana.org ("Guyana and News and Information" - GNI)
and guyanafriends.com. These guidelines are subject to changes.
Members who violate these rules may be suspended or banned. BY USING THIS SITE, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT JUST AS IF YOU HAD SIGNED IT. If you do not agree to be bound by this Agreement, please discontinue your use of the Site/Service.
|What Information Is Collected|
Our discussion board registration form requires users to give us contact information in the form of a valid e-mail address.
In order to register, you must provide us with a username (which does not have to be your real name), password and a valid e-mail address. This allows us to protect our community from abusive postings and provides a verifiable point of contact should legal questions arise. At any time, you have the ability to keep your e-mail address hidden from other users by selecting that option within your user profile. When you register, you have the option of providing some additional information such as occupation, interests, and homepage URL. This optional information is made available to other bulletin or message board users to foster a sense of community. If you have any concerns about providing this information, simply leave the fields blank and your registration will still be processed.
When you register
on our board, you must provide a valid email address. The message board
automatically emails you to confirm the address (as
shown below). The email contains a link that you must click to
verify your address.
Failure to do so will delay your membership approval. If you do not reply to the email, after approximately 3-5 days your application will be rejected.
The approval process does take some time and not every application is guaranteed acceptance.
IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE you are not encouraged to participate in our discussion forums, or to provide any personal information on our site.
Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings; see the choice/opt-out section below.
This site contains links to other sites. Guyana.org or guyanafriends.com is not responsible for the privacy practices or the contents of such Websites.
We do not sell or otherwise distribute e-mail addresses or any other information to third parties. Information will be made available to law enforcement agencies and other parties as required in the event of abuse, illegal activities, legal action, or requests for information from law enforcement.
The software that we use for the discussion board is supplied by a third party. It does have security features built in but it is not represented as high security software. There is always the possibility that someone may gain un-authorized access to the data files including your e-mail address and password. For that reason we suggest that you do not use the same password for our discussion board as you do for other services. We do use IP address logging and hack attempt logging to track potential offenders.
It is important to note that guyana.org is hosted by an outside server. We do not own the server and they have full access to the entire website with the exclusion of the Discussion Forum.
Guyana News and Information makes message boards and an Internet E-mail Directory available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information. In order to comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) we have elected to prohibit participation in these areas by pre-teens. By posting in these areas you certify that you are at least 18 years of age or older.
Postings on Message Boards
It is important for you to remain aware that when you provide personal information (e.g., last name, address, phone number) in a posting on any message board or email directory, that information is available to other persons or users having access and use of that service, and may be used by someone in a manner unintended by you.
Report Abuse. Here's the deal: Please do not report abuse simply because you have a differing opinion of another poster. We all come from different backgrounds, have different views of the world therefore please respect one and other. If you have any questions please feel free to ask!
Sharing of your personal information (work place, home address, telephone numbers. personal pictures, family information, background heritage etc, etc) among board members is strictly up to each individual member.
GNI and Guyanafriends.com do not endorse such practices and advise their members to be prudent of what information they share with other board members. Guyana.org/Guyanafriends.com cannot be held responsible if a member discloses such information to anyone else.
In addition, a member should avoid giving out his/her forum username or password to anyone, and he/she should not disclose server logins and/or passwords to anyone other than the Administrators of this forum (for the sole purpose of either changing this information or requesting any kind of assistance with the management of his/her account).
Likewise members should refrain from sharing their login info with suspended members. If caught some of your permissions can be removed or your membership can be cancelled.
We discourage you from offering any personal identifying information within a posting to any message board and to be cautious in sharing your personal information via emails also.
With respect to our Discussion Forums,from time to time we monitor our list of members posting on our board. Members not actively participating in discussions on the board can have their membership cancelled or suspended. Such action is at the sole discretion of the Administrator.
Posting Rules: Unacceptable Conduct:
1) Do not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, racist, hateful, threatening, or that otherwise violate any laws. Please use good judgement when choosing user names, avatars, or images to post, inappropriate content will be removed without notice.
2) Personal attacks, rudeness, insults to others, or arguments will not be tolerated. If you wish to challenge a member's point of view and opinions, then do so respectfully and thoughtfully.
3) Please make sure that your posts are positive, constructive, and on the topic. We may delete individual posts that could ruin a good topic thread. As much as we allow members to freely express their opinions. There is a limit as to what we will tolerate. If a member starts spreading lies, rumors or post mischievous/slanderous information that is disruptive to our community we will take the necessary actions as we see fit.
4) We reserve the right to remove any topics deemed inappropriate or disruptive to our community.
5) Do not make offensive posts, links or images. Do not post NSFW content. NSFW ("Not Safe For Work") is defined as anything that most people would not want seen by their bosses, parents or teachers. Do not use profanity, racial, ethnic, religious, or other slurs and stereotypes, or post sexually-oriented material, masturbatory and excretory references, or any other offensive material.
6) There should be no racial, ethnic, gender based insults or any other personal discriminations. (when used as a derogatory comment)
7) Do not post any messages that harass, insult (name calling), belittle, threaten or mock other members. Debates are fine, but critique the opinion, not the person. Personal attacks are not permitted. Do not use sweeping generalizations and plural pronouns to cloak personal attacks. For example if a poster(s) states that he thinks 'x' is a good idea, replying that "Anyone who supports 'x' is an idiot" is a personal attack.
8) Pornography, warez, or any other illegal transactions may NOT be linked in any shape or form.
9) The Administrators reserves the right to suspend or terminate the access of any participant to the forums at our sole discretion, at any time, and without a previous notification, if we feel it is in the interest of our community. We reserve the right to evaluate each incident on a case by case basis. The action we take may be more lenient or more severe than others.
While our discussion forums does enjoy being part of a community network, there
will be times when what is posted on other sites, forums or blogs should remain
there. Our members should be wary of reposting contents from other sites that
can be deemed as propaganda or mischievous. It is advisable to always post the
source of articles.
Indemnification You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless guyana.org, its affiliates and their respective Administrators and Advertising Agencies from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys fees) arising out of or accruing from (a) any material posted or otherwise provided by you that infringes any copyright, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, patent or other intellectual property right of any person or defames any person or violates their rights of publicity or privacy, (b) any misrepresentation made by you in connection with your use of the Service; (c) any non-compliance by you with the terms and conditions of this Agreement; and (d) claims brought by persons or entities other than the parties to this Agreement arising from or related to your access and use of the Service, including the information obtained through the Service.
Guyana.org is not responsible for content posted by users of the Service on any area of the guyana.org Site, including, without limitation, Discussion Forums, E-mail Directory, and E-mail accounts. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by users of the Service or visitors to our Site do not reflect those of guyana.org
You are solely and fully responsible for the content you post via the above mentioned Services. Guyana.org shall be the final arbiter of what may be posted on the Forums/Directories.
Guyana.org reserves the right to modify or remove any material submitted to or posted on the Site, and to cancel/suspend at any time any membership in the Services or the Service generally without prior notice.
is not obligated to maintain back-up copies of any material submitted to or
posted on the Service, including the Forums/Directories.
|Contacting the Website|
Modification: Guyana.org reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend this Agreement, and to modify, add or discontinue any aspect, content, or feature of the Service. If we make any material change to this statement, we will change the date at the top of this statement to reflect the effective date of the change. When you visit our site or use our products and services, we encourage you to check the date of this Privacy Statement to ensure you are aware of any updates.